Terms and Conditions
The operator of the happinessatwork.live website (hereinafter referred to as "the website") is Happiness at Work s.r.o., ID No. 06916163 (hereinafter referred to as "the operator"), and the contact details are given in the footer of the website.
The Operator reserves all rights to the content of the Site. In particular, without the prior written consent of the operator, the further publication, reproduction, distribution and transmission to the press or other media or any other communication to the public of any copyright work or part thereof accessible on the website, including their distribution by e-mail or SMS, their inclusion in frames or copying into an internal or other private network and their storage in any databases, is prohibited.
The Website is located in the Czech Republic and is intended for use within the Czech Republic. Any rights and obligations between the Operator and third parties are governed by the laws of the Czech Republic and any disputes shall be exclusively decided by the courts of the Czech Republic.
Protection and processing of personal data
The Operator guarantees all its customers, partners and affiliates the protection of their personal data. For more information, please refer to our Personal Data Processing Policy.
Terms and Conditions
In connection with the offered goods or services, the description of the offered performance, its price (indicating whether it is exclusive of VAT or inclusive of VAT) and the currency in which payment is accepted (usually Czech crowns) are always indicated in the relevant section of the website.
The contract is concluded by the confirmation of the order made by the website user by the operator or the entity cooperating with him. An order is also a registration for participation in a specific event made by the user via the website or via the ti.to registration system.
The following rules apply to events offered by the Operator:
- The possibility to participate in the event is subject to payment of the registration fee.
- Registration for the event is binding. In the event of cancellation no later than 14 days before the event, 100% of the registration fee will be refunded. Otherwise, the full price will be charged.
- Cancellation of registration for the event must be made in writing (by email to email@example.com).
- If the payment for the event registration is not credited to the account designated by the operator before the event, the participant is obliged to pay the fee in cash on the spot.
- By registering you agree to the terms and conditions.
- The Operator reserves the right to change the programme of the event if, in its judgement, it has serious reasons to do so.
- Participation in the event may be transferred to a colleague in exceptional circumstances.
The following rules apply to training offered by the operator:
- Participation in the training is subject to payment of the registration fee.
- Registration for the training is binding. In case of cancellation at least 14 days before the training, 100% of the registration fee will be refunded. In other cases, the full price will be invoiced.
- Cancellation of training registration must be made in writing (by email to firstname.lastname@example.org).
- If payment for the training registration is not in our account before the training takes place, the participant is required to present a copy of the payment receipt or pay the fee in cash on the spot.
- Training attendance may be transferred to a colleague in exceptional circumstances.
- The organizer reserves the right to change the date of the training or cancel it if the training capacity is not met. In this case, the registration fee will be refunded in full.
Information on withdrawal from the contract
If a user of the website who orders any performance from the operator is a consumer, he/she has the right to withdraw from the contract within 14 days before the date of the event. However, the consumer does not have the right to withdraw from a contract for the provision of a service (which includes the provision of the opportunity to attend an event offered by the operator) if it has been performed with his prior express consent before the expiry of the withdrawal period (i.e., for example, if the consumer attends an event offered by the operator that takes place before the expiry of the said period, he cannot subsequently withdraw from the contract).
Method of payment, delivery or performance
Payment for the ordered performance (e.g. participation in an event) is usually made in cashless form. The performance is usually in the nature of a service, namely the organisation of an event, training, etc., and is received by the website user by the operator allowing him to attend the event. The operator's performance of the contract is not affected by the user's failure to attend the event.
Taking and use of photographs and recordings
In the event that a website user participates in or attends an event offered by the operator (whether a training, conference, educational, cultural, social or other event, where the term event for these purposes includes any related activities such as the arrival of participants, subsequent social gathering, etc. ), agrees that the Operator and the entities cooperating with the Operator have the right to take photographs and recordings (including audiovisual) of the event, which may include the User, and to process, use and transmit them to third parties at their discretion, or to publish them through any medium. The acquisition and use of photographs and recordings or any other treatment thereof is reflected in the terms and conditions (in particular the price for participation in the event) and, accordingly, the user is not entitled to any remuneration for them.
Cost of delivery of the product
Unless otherwise expressly stated in the product description on the website, no delivery costs are charged.
Exercise of the right of defective performance (Complaints Procedure) and warranty information
Any rights arising from defective performance must be exercised in writing to the address of the operator indicated on the website. The claim must include the name, address, e-mail and any other contact details of the claimant, as well as a specification of the performance (usually an event or training) to which the claim relates and a description of what the claimant believes the defective performance consisted of. A complaint form is not prescribed.
Should it be necessary to send any document or tangible object to the operator in connection with the complaint, this should be done at the address of the operator indicated on the website.
The complainant will be contacted by the operator without undue delay at the address provided in the complaint regarding the handling of the complaint.
Due to the nature of the performance, no guarantee is provided; the rights arising from any defective performance are otherwise governed by the relevant provisions of the Civil Code.
More information on data protection.